If you are a developer or have a basic knowledge of server management such as cPanel features, PHP my admin operations, etc. then this method is for you.
Note: Timely backup of the website is very important.
As we know, there are many reasons why cURL error comes up and it is difficult to figure out through hit and trial of different methods when you have a live website running.
Well, we also read in the last blog “SOLVED – cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10000-milliseconds/” that if one cannot overcome this error through all the possible ways and methods, then it is better to set up your existing website again in just 1 hour.
To begin with it, first, take a backup of your website and database file from PhpMyAdmin. If you don’t know how to backup your site, we would recommend you to either learn or hire a server manager to do that for you. You can also contact Aanha Services, they offer service to backup a website and handover the backup to you at a nominal fee.
The following are the steps you need to follow once you have taken a backup of your existing WordPress website.
- Go to cPanel and setup WordPress again.
- Upload the existing backup to that WordPress folder.
- Without changing the new database file path, try to retrieve your website.
- When you will visit the link of your new WordPress website setup, it will show all your previous plugins and themes are deactivated but present.
- Try activating them one by one taking care of the site crash and cURL error.
- You might have to make some additional CSS and design settings again
- To display your website design just like your previous website.
- Once you have done all this, you will see your website is set up just like your previous one just the database file is new. Also, all the blogs, pages, and posts are retrieved without any hassle and pain to develop everything from the scratch.
- Now check your cURL error 28 in the Site Health Tab, it must be gone. Your site will not experience cURL error 28 unnecessarily. However, updating multiple plugins together or performing multiple plugin actions in the site can sometimes display this error but it will be resolved on its own.
The development of a website is not as complex as the procedure to maintain it and secure it from upcoming internet viruses, security standards, system or server failures, etc.
Hope this blog helps you.
Please share your experience or doubts in the comments section below. We will be happy to assist you.