A digital marketing bid is an offer in terms of money that is made by an advertiser against each of the search keywords that are present in the advertisement or otherwise. It is that the amount the bidder(advertiser/marketer) is ready to pay if someone clicks on their ad or searches for the particular keyword that is important to their website.
Bidding strategies include the overall plan of investment into in-organic marketing including calculations like the amount to be paid per click, how much to be paid for what keywords, for how long and targetted to what kind or category of audience.
Following are some types of bids:
- Target CPA (Cost Per Acquisition)
- Target ROAS (Return On Ad Spend)
- Maximize Conversions
- Enhanced Cost Per Click (ECPC)
- Maximize Clicks
- Manual CPC Bidding
- Target Search Page Location
- Target Outranking Share
- CPM Bidding (Cost Per Thousand Impressions)
- vCPM Bidding (Cost Per Viewable Thousand Impressions)
- CPV Bidding (Cost Per View)
- Target Impression Share Bidding